Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BRIDES: Questions You Should Ask Your Videographer

One of the biggest crazes that never seems to fade is the use of a videographer to capture your most treasured day. With so many vendors to choose from, how do you narrow down your selection and get the most for your money? Make sure you cover these questions when meeting with your videographer one on one:

1) How long have you been in business and how many videos have you produced to date?

2) May I see samples of each kind of  'style' you produce such as vintage, documentary, cinematic?

3) If not you, who exactly will be filming my day and how many people and cameras will be used?

4) Have you ever filmed at my particular wedding site? [If so, view the film]

5) What kind of equipment do you use and how old is it? [Educate yourself on what you want used]

6) Do you do special effects with the film? Can I add my own music? Can I advise you on who to interview and specific shots I want included in my final dvd?

7) What exactly is your rate and payment schedule, travel and overtime fees and can I review your contract?

8) How many dvd's will I receive in  my package? Will the raw footage be available for purchase?

9) What kind of back up plan do you have in case your equipment fails to operate that day?

10) When can I expect my final product to be delivered to me and I can I speak to some of your past clients?
Share